Unable to express to my family ...

One day, I sat with myself and asked a very basic question: Why am I so hesitant around my family during conversations? Why am I unable to speak my heart out? Why do I hesitate to speak clearly when my family is around, while I don't feel the same hesitation with my friends or even complete strangers? In fact, with strangers I'm often quite vocal and extroverted. So what changes when I'm with my family?

As I reflected on my memories, I realized there were two major reasons. The first was my past experiences. Whether I call them trauma or simply painful memories, they shaped the way I learned to express myself. Somewhere along the way, my mind started believing that staying quiet was safer than saying the wrong thing. The second reason was fear. Not just the fear of being judged, but the fear of not saying things perfectly, the fear of being misunderstood, laughed at, or criticized. Because of that, I began holding myself back before anyone else even had the chance to react.

Then I asked myself another question: What do I do now?

The first answer was simple. The past is the past. Bygones are bygones. Those experiences are real, and I don't need to deny them, but I also don't have to let them decide every conversation I have today. People change. Relationships change. I change. The past is one chapter of my life, not the entire book. If experiences can shape me in one direction, then new experiences can shape me in another.

The second answer was to make peace with fear. Fear is normal. It may never disappear completely, and that's okay. Every time I speak, my mind may still ask, "What will they think? What will they say? What if I embarrass myself?" But those questions don't need to decide my actions. There will be awkward moments. There will be mistakes. Sometimes people may criticize me, and sometimes they may appreciate me. Both are part of life. Neither praise nor insults should define who I am. I want to learn to accept both without letting either control my sense of self.

I also need to let go of perfection. Conversations are not exams, and people don't connect through perfect sentences. They connect through honest ones. If I keep waiting for the perfect words, I will remain silent. So instead of trying to speak perfectly, I want to speak truthfully.

From now on, I want to start small. I don't have to change overnight. I can speak a little more than I did yesterday. If anxiety shows up, I can pause, take a breath, and continue. I don't have to suppress every thought. Sometimes it is enough to simply let it out.

This is how I want to treat myself. Not with harsh judgment, but with patience. Not by waiting to become fearless, but by speaking even when fear is present. Because confidence is not something I will suddenly find one day. It is something I will build, one conversation at a time.

Kul milkar...mr.perfect banne ki jarurat nhi hai... awkwardness rahegi hi ..usse har baar mat soch...dheere dheere khul...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Unfinished shorts

Current thoughts

लापता